THE BCD THAT TRANSFORMED COMMERCIAL DIVING
Originally designed in 1994 in partnership with Garry Jones, a veteran North Sea sat-diver, the AP Jump Jacket has been in constant service in commercial off-shore operations for well over 15 years. The latest Mark IV offers significant new advantages for the commercial market and was designed with 2 key objectives in mind:
- To Improve Diver Safety
- To Increase Productivity
The Mark IV has been conceived and built specifically for surface supply diving (air and mixed gas) and is the only commercial BCD of its type to incorporate a full recovery diving harness, helmet-retaining safety harness and bailout backpack.
The emphasis is heavily on safety and efficiency, allowing the diver greater flexibility underwater without draining energy levels.
Complete Buoyancy Control and Diver Mobility
The ability for divers to make themselves neutrally buoyant, slightly positive or slightly negative greatly helps the approach to the work-site from the diving bell.
Before the Jump Jacket, a lot of time was lost while surface support repositioned the bell at the next work site. With neutral buoyancy, divers can now swim or 'Jump' to the next location without requiring the bell to move.
- Total buoyancy control, comfort and diver mobility
- Direct approach to the work site
- Improved freedom of movement at the site
- Significant work-time savings
- Primary buoyancy-gas supply fed via a Swagelok quick-fit 'cross-connect' hose from the helmet side-block
- Secondary pneumo buoyancy-gas supply
- Tertiary buoyancy-gas supply from twin-cylinder bail-out supply
- 3 over-pressure / dump valves – with unique mesh filters to prevent dirt ingress
- Integral diving harness with front and back lifting points for diver recovery and to facilitate resuscitation
- Supercam twinset camband system for a twin-cylinder bailout set on the diver’s back
- Helmet-retaining Safety Harness
Diver Rescue, Recovery and Resuscitation Options
The Mark IV offers significant dive safety improvements with buoyancy control allowing a faster approach by a rescue diver, the ability to donate gas to the distressed diver (if their umbilical supply has been compromised) and a speedier return to the bell through buoyancy control of both rescuer and patient. Finally, rapid recovery of the patient into the bell is made possible by the Mark IV’s integrated lifting harness.
- Diver-2-Diver emergency buddy breathing from one umbilical supply
- Rapid diver recovery aided by buoyancy control
- Integrated lifting harness with front & rear lift points aid recovery into the bell and diver resuscitation
Made in the UK
If you have a question about this product, drop us a line below and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.