Step outside your comfort zone - in complete comfort
The AP Commando Explorer is a high quality BCD packed with features designed to maximise comfort and allow fine-tune buoyancy control. It is based on the blueprint of the original Commando - and apart from a small difference in the body shape (see below) - it is built to the same high standards in build quality, features and performance.
The Commando Explorer offers the advantages of reflex technology - the unique AP comfort-fit system which allows you to adjust the jacket fit and customise it specifically to your individual shape - with a one-time simple set-up adjustment in the height position of the waistband, shoulder buckles and the backplate length.
Buoyancy control is enhanced with 3 super-responsive dump / over-pressure valves, a choice of emergency breathing valve / inflators and the option of a positive-lock integrated weight system.
- Multiple lightweight aluminium 50mm D-rings - pre-bent to stand-off for easy clip-on
- 1000 denier twin-bag construction - the toughest build-quality on the market
- Optional quick-release integrated weight pockets
- Reflex adjustment - allows you to fine-tune the fit at shoulders, waist and back
- Ability to upgrade to twinset cambands
- APV200 Inflator or the Auto Air octo-inflator
- Cargo Clips (standard) or Integrated Weight System
- Emergency Mini-Cylinders - Din or A-clamp
- Twinset camband kit (supplied in addition)
The Commando Explorer is cut differently to the Commando. Sizing experience tells us that the Commando Explorer is usually a better fit for divers with a regular or short back - regardless of overall height. (The Commando is the best fit for a longer back). Whatever your body type - we have a Commando to fit you.
Apart from a small difference in maximum buoyancy because of this difference in shape, the Commando Explorer is identical in build quality, features spec, upgrade options and price.
Twinset Upgrade Option:
The supercam single webbing camband comes as standard. If you opt for the supercam twinset kit upgrade this is supplied in addition - allowing you to switch beteen single and twin cylinder setups.
Configuration Guides - click below
Made in the UK
- Reflex comfort-fit system - anatomically contoured, fully padded and adjustable to the finest degree at shoulders, waist and back-plate
- Rapid release system for either Integrated Weight pouches (optional upgrade) or our unique Cargo Clips (supplied as standard)
- Unique high-traction, stabilising cylinder-cradle backplate designed to cater for different size single cylinders or twin-cylinder sets
- Option to add AP twinset cambands
- Choice of emergency breathing valve/inflators
- Optional emergency 0.4litre 232bar mini-cylinder DIN or A-clamp (300bar DIN also available)
- Expandable gusset structure ensures the buoyancy cell inflates away from the body minimising squeeze
- 10 x welded aluminium D rings with pre-bent, stand-off shoulder rings for easy location and attachment
- Foldaway dedicated SMB pouch at rear - large enough to stow an AP SMBC
- Spacious side-pockets with chunky 10mm zips and easy-find zip-runners
- Positively buoyant easy-find dump-pull at rear left negatively buoyant easy-find dump-pull at front right
- 3rd dump/over-pressure valve integrated into the inflator & hose assembly
- High visibility reflective piping
- Padded lumbar support
- Foldaway hose runners
- Unique AP twin-bag construction with bespoke Endura FX100 1000 denier coated-nylon outer bag air-tight PU welded inner bladder with lifetime warranty
- Service zip allowing replacement/service of bladder and all valves
If you have a question about this product, drop us a line below and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.