The AP Diving CO2 Sensor (RB120) is an ‘active warning device’ designed to alert the diver when the CO2 content of the breathing loop is approaching a dangerous level. This could be due to depletion of the CO2 absorbent canister or incorrect assembly resulting in CO2 bypass of the canister.
The Sensor has been specially developed for use with AP Diving’s range of rebreathers equipped with Vision electronics and is intended as an option that can be used with or without the AP Scrubber Life Monitor (Tempstick).
Providing the Vision electronics are programmed with the latest release of embedded software you simply plug the CO2 sensor into the lid connection.
Utilising the QinetiQ patented sensor and AP’s algorithms which compensate for depth and gas densities combined with AP’s manufacturing knowhow has resulted in the production of an accurate, water and water vapour proof product.
The AP CO2 sensor represents a huge jump in underwater CO2 measurement.
Made in the UK
- Simple Plug & Play operation: Providing the Vision electronics are programmed with the correct software version (V05.01.02 onwards), you simply plug the CO2 sensor into the lid connection. The firmware recognises the CO2 sensor and activates the appropriate displays and warnings
- Monitors CO2 levels within the breathing loop and warns the diver prior to the level becoming harmful
- Single warning level when the diver should ascend immediately and bailout from the rebreather loop
- Warnings are displayed on the Vision handset and via the HUD and the audible alarm
- Sensor uses an advanced algorithm that compensates for pressure and temperature
- Disposable desiccant cartridge assures accurate monitoring when loop has high humidity levels. (to be changed every 20-30 hours of diving – AP Diving recommend using the ‘Elapsed time’ feature to monitor protector duration) and protectors to be stored in their sealed packaging until ready for use. Price includes 3 protectors
- Can be used with or without existing APD Tempstick Scrubber Life Monitor
- New mixing chamber supplied for mounting the CO2 sensor
- Sensor is checked for operation during Vision Electronics start up
- Factory calibrated during assembly and simply zeroed during oxygen sensor calibration
- Low power consumption and powered by the Vision rebreather batteries
- Suitable for use with all diving gas mixes
If you have a question about this product, drop us a line below and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.